Obligations as an Employer
Once your business has been established, you must uphold certain responsibilities as an employer. At a minimum, the obligations include:
- Following the Canadian Labour Standards Regulations to ensure that your employees are being treated fairly and appropriately
- Practicing fair and proper hiring
- Complying with all labour standards
- Making your employees feel comfortable and welcome in your organization. This could be achieved through activities like mentoring or team building. It is important that your organization respects and is aware of differences in culture.
For more information on your obligations as an employer, visit:
- Service Nova Scotia where you will be connected to more great resources.
The following links contain other useful tools and information on being a fair, responsible and effective employer: